Friday, February 06, 2015

Review: Lush Mask of Magnaminty


I've heard too many good things about this product and I am excited to finally try it. I have been using this product for the past month or so, about 2-3 times a week. And I have some recommendations for you.


First of all this product is definitely not a daily microfoliant and if I'm not mistaken Lush recommends to use it weekly. So if you are going to use it more than that you will need a moisturizer, a good one.I know most of you already use a moisturizer after a cleansing mask. But still...

I use this mask more than once a week even though it is not recommended. This is because it has only 4 month shelf life since it is all natural ingredients. So check the expiration date! I had only a little more than a month to use it because I didn't check the god damn thing. Just do it, give it a look. Even if you look, I'm guessing that you will not have it the day it has been made either so you should use it up as quickly as possible. I have the bigger jar because they didn't have the small one when I went to the store but I advise you to buy the small one. If you end up buying the bigger container like I did, just share it or don't just use it on your face like everyone else does, including me. You can use it on your hands, feet and I heard there are people who use this mask even on their bum. If you have enough time and a place that no one can see you, try it out.

And if you want to use it after the expiration date, you should store it in your fridge. I started storing it in the fridge only after it expired because it is winter time. It has been more than a week and I haven't seen a single mold. It has been more watery and it stings a little when I use it though but it might be because I have a quite sensitive skin.

 How to use the product

 You know the deal put it on your face wait 10-15 minutes. I don't prefer to leave masks on my face more than it is recommended. I put on a thin layer and the time is enough for it to dry out. And it feels like it is sucking all the dirt of my face. But if you like to put a thick layer you will have to wait a lot more for it to dry. Or don't wait for it to try just wash it before it dries. I like to use right after I get out of the shower, when my pores are still open from the steam. I believe it does a better job that way.

I like how minty it is.It gives such a nice cooling effect, I couldn't believe first. I like to brush my teeth before I wash the mask off. Mint everywhere! Just think about this; it is a summer, it has been a long tiring  hot day, you take the mask out of the fridge and apply it where ever you want. The mint and the coldness would have a very calming effect. But obviously if you don't like the smell of mint you won't be a fan of the product.



Pros:
  • Consistency. Does not fall from your face, easy to distribute.
  • Smell. Minty-cooling
  • Suitable for sensitive skin.
  • Acne. Makes the healing process faster.
  • All natural ingredients
  • Not animal tested
Cons:
  • Short shelf life
  • Blackheads. Did not see a huge difference
  • Expensive.(normally-when I bought it was on sale for about 10$)

 I would definitely buy this product again especially if it was on sale. But I will wait till summer to buy it again for the refreshing effect. 



Looks like a pistachio ice cream
Bought this from my trip to Russia

1 comment:

  1. Was excited to buy a natural product. Very upset to find it has Methylparaben.
    Any paraben can cause cancer. Take that out of the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete